jMetrikTM is free and open source psychometric software. It runs on any Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux platforms that have a current version of Java. Read the options below and select the version of jMetrik that is appropriate for your computer.
The interface is intuitive and easy to learn. It also scales to the experience of the user. New users can quickly learn to implement psychometric procedures though point-and-click menus. Experienced users can take advantage of the jMetrik command structure and write command files for executing an analysis.
Psychometric methods include classical item analysis, reliability estimation, test scaling, differential item functioning, nonparametric item response theory, Rasch measurement models, item response models (e.g. 3PL, 4PL, GPCM), and item response theory linking and equating.
jMetrik’s embedded database increases productivity by providing a common data format for all of its methods. There is no need to reformat or reshape data for each procedure. The database is the primary mechanism for data management. There is virtually no limit to the sample size or number of tables that can be stored in the database. Users are only limited by the amount of storage on their computer. After importing data into jMetrik, users can create subsets of data by selecting examinees or variables. Users can also create new tables by saving the results of an analysis in the database for further processing.
jMetrik Help and Online Resources
New users should read the Quick Start Guide or watch a short video about using jMetrik. Additional step-by-step instructions are available for some procedures in the online User Guide. For questions about jMetrik, see the FAQ page or join the jMetrik Google Group. Click here to access example data files that you may use while learning jMetrik.
Download jMetrik version 4.0.6
Each file below is about 12 MB. Java 1.7 or higher is required for jMetrik to install and function on your computer. If Java is not currently installed on your computer, download it here first and install it. If you receive a security warning during installation, please read this FAQ to learn how to complete installation. Mac users should also read this FAQ before installing the program.
- Windows Installer This file is a Windows executable file that will install jMetrik to your computer. Use it for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10. This file does not include the Java JRE. You must first install a recent version of Java.
- Windows Zip File. This file is a zip file that can be extracted to a location on your computer. It is a good option if your IT manager does not allow you to use executable files.
- Mac OSX Installer This installer file is a *.dmg file. It does not include the required version of java. It is for recent versions of Mac OSX. This file does not include the Java JRE. You must first install a recent version of Java.
- Mac OSX Archive File. This file file that can be extracted to a location on your computer. It is a good option if your IT manager does not allow you to use executable files.
- Linux Installer. Use this *.rpm file to install jMetrik on Linux machines.
- Linux sh File A Linux *.sh file for any variety of Linux, but only tested with Ubuntu.
Applied Measurement with jMetrik is the official user guide. It provides step-by-step instructions for most of the features in the application.