Compute correlations among two or more numeric variables. Correlations use the original data, not the item scores. jMetrik will display the correlation and covaariance matrix for the selected variables.
- Click Analyze > Correlation to start the dialog.
- Select two or more variables.
- Select the Listwise deletion option to omit a case with missing data on any variable. Alternatively, choose the Pairwise deletion option to omit cases without data on one or both variables in a pair. Pairwise deletion may result in a different sample size for each pair of variables.
- If you would like to see the standard error of the correlation coefficient and a p-value for the null hypothesis that r = 0.0, select the option to Show standard error.
- By default, correlations will use an Unbiased estimator (i.e. n-1). If you would like to use a biased estimator (i.e. n), choose the Biased option.
- Click the Run button to execute the analysis.